Lori Jena Freise
“What services do you provide?” When asked this question, I keep my reply simple by summing up our services to a general description. My answer could be vastly detailed. Today I was asked this very question, and in a split second I thought,
What did I do today? Well, I…
- - scheduled our Mandarin interpreter to facilitate a conversation regarding a critical medical procedure between a health care provider and her Mandarin-only speaking patient,
- - provided clients with their translated documents so they can submit their immigration applications, marriage applications, adoption applications, etc,
- helped an adult woman contact her father’s family in Hungary for the first time in her life,
- helped a witness give her testimony in court by scheduling a legal court interpreter for the trial,
- provided a potential client with a sample of our work, which consisted of translating technical documents to five different languages,
- presented a lady with her great grandmother’s translated will and other old personal documents in English, so that she could uncover some of her mysterious family history, and
- I helped a couple get married today! I assisted a pastor in a bind with a last-minute translation of two Italian birth certificates which was required in order for the bride and groom to wed.
Feeling proud and with a grin on my face I thought of the ceremony and replied, “We provide professional and certified translation and interpreting services as well as any subcategory of these including dubbing, voice over, and subtitling.”
The question, I thought, is with which of the many may I assist with you? No matter the scenario, I am eager to help.
"A Day at the Translationz Office"
Lori is a project manager and Spanish translator employed by Translationz.